Wednesday, October 6, 2010

There's just something about classical music. Indian Classical Music.

And I'm not here to describe my experience with it because I'm not ready to.

However, the santoor is (I think), my all-time favourite instrument that is used in Indian classical music. I love it's flitting sound, it's rounded notes that reverberate from one string to another which captivate my senses... like ghungroos let loose from a string of payals, bouncing their way down to the floor playfully...

I really hope I find a word or two to describe the sound of a santoor. Someday.

And Pandit Shivkumar Sharma is magical. There's this sense of divinity and peace when he plays.



* Image from the internet


This is what I'm presently hooked to. Do try and get yourself a listen... :) It's gorgeous!





3 comments:

  1. I think you did describe it really well:

    "ike ghungroos let loose from a string of payals, bouncing their way down to the floor playfully... "

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was for the sound of a santoor in not a word or two.

    What I can't really describe is my experience with Indian Classical music yaar-uh!

    ReplyDelete