Thursday, October 28, 2010

Just...

If there's something about meeting and catching up with UG friends, then imagine, there's definitely something about meeting and catching up with PUC friends. 


Little did I ever imagine such a night as tonight. Ever. 


It's been close to 6 years. And that's not a small period of time, especially when it comes to one's life, experiences, new relationships that make way for older ones; to name a few. You move away, you move on, you rarely ever fathom having a reunion and actually letting one's hair down with the people you were so awkward with back then. Time has its miraculous ways of doing things. Really. 


So tonight was spent in the company of friends I haven't met for ages, some for about 6 years and some for 4. I love how we've all gone on our own paths. Today at the table sat lawyers (women lawyers at that), an HR professional, a social worker (of sorts) who loves dabbling in a lot of other things, a student/traveler/teacher/artist and me. I love how we've come so so far. Never did we imagine doing the things we're doing, and somehow, the universe has its own scheme of making things happen.


We're living our life, according to our terms. And I am so so proud of who we've become today. So so proud. 


From awkward teenagers to lost young adults to us who are still small specks in this huge miraculous world, fighting our way through just to be who we are. And I am grateful we've been able to get here. 


There is a special mention however, of someone who's world I fell in love with. And this is what I have to say...


It's about learning, at the end of the day. Whether you to choose to read, write, walk or talk, it's about learning at the end of the day.
It's about living life just the way you never imagined it to be. And taking it in your stride. 
It's about being passionate to an extent I have never ever come across. 
It's about living your life's dream.
It's about walking the walk, and barely talking.
It's about being disconnected on purpose and being connected by chance.
It's about traveling without any bounds, and you surely have shown me a glimpse of what it feels like. 
It's about living with bare minimums in the world, and surviving.
It's about just being.
It's about the way you feel and your state of mind. Always.


It's just about the way you are. And I'm so proud to know someone like you. 


I've loved being a spectator to your world you painted tonight. And your living it. 


It makes me want to believe. You make me want to believe. 


Maybe because, like I told you, I'm not as courageous as you. 


And maybe because you're just a dream come true.



1 comment: