Thursday, October 7, 2010

A huge chapter of my life...




I've always felt like a blob. And here's why.




And the fact that I wasn't and still am not much of a sports person, didn't help. (I'd still prefer a board game or catching up with friends or reading than playing a SPORT). So it started off and eventually led to this:





It still is a huge part of my life. Quite a few people who cross paths with me can't really go without saying the above. The snide smiles, smirks and comments... well let's just say they're passe. I think I've maxed out!

But today, after lots of self-work (emotionally, mentally, and yes physically as well), I can say that I don't really feel like a blob anymore. Maybe it's because I've fed myself oodles of self-confidence and huge amounts of positive self-regard (thanks to my academics, ranks, awards and gold-frikkin medal apart from various other things!). Or maybe it's just because I don't care as much as I used to. No wait, I do care as much. Or it's just that I rock in general!

I think what matters now is the end result! And no, I haven't suddenly transformed into this woman-of-your-dreams person and perhaps never will. But here's what I feel today.






To the people who've made me feel like a blob, I know it's my problem but here's something I'd like to say to close this chapter:

SCREW YOU!


And that is how it's done! ;)


*images from the internet.

9 comments:

  1. THAT felt SO cathartic!

    Woohoo! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wohooo!!! But Babs seriously - I always found you extremely beautiful - Ohhh!! how can I forget those fingers :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. why do we bother so much about what this one said n what that one,just be BINDAAS.i am proud of myself having achieved more than so many others n I DONT CARE.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Babe, you've always been a babe. And you KNOW this is not just to make you feel good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Su - thanks much! I think we're all beautiful in our own way... so yeah. :)

    K masi - first and foremost, WELCOME here! I'm so happy you've commented! Someone's spending quality time on the internet! ;) That apart, I'm very proud of you too! :)

    Chai - Babe to babe! I get what you're saying! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE the first and last image :D

    Blob is what I feel at times too - but I guess those who crib about our weight are just envious of/about it :D

    Let's see who does better in life some years down the line - we can only weight and watch ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha... I love your writing. I wish I'd seen this earlier.

    From one "blob" to a smaller "blob," Lauw, you are so beautiful, inside and out. You said it right, screw them all. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lauwly! We're all damn crazy beautiful! even in our mad demented ways!

    :P

    I don't doubt that at all!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Reyn, we shall weight and watch!

    Or carry on with our lives, live it up and not weight and watch...

    unlike the blob monsters.

    ReplyDelete