Monday, November 14, 2011

Work-out chronicles & observations

People think they're as hep as hotties Gisele Bundchen and George Clooney because they cannot stop staring at their ass, abs, thighs, muscles and their entire selves more than is required. Yes, it does feel nice to check oneself and the other yummies around you out, but not after every time you lift a dumbbell. 


People love flailing their arms around while doing namesake shoulder and back press exercises especially when they've forgotten to wear deo. And I cannot, for the life of me, understand how they fail to get hit by their own pungent sweat stink. This applies to both men and women! Nauseating.


Another cause of concern are stinky shoes, socks and feet. I wonder what happened to gym etiquette. 


After all this while, I've come to believe that it takes great courage for a gifted woman to run in public, on a treadmill. And by gifted I don't mean skinny, flat-chested women. I think it takes great guts. I would wish for better equipment in the concerned area, but I applaud them for not dying/passing out in what could've otherwise been sheer embarrassment.


I think middle-aged men should have a separate work-out enclosure because some of them can be purely disgusting, what with them pumping iron while staring at other, much younger women. I don't know if it's to impress the women folk around more or to boost one's own testosterone-filled morale. Whatever it is, it's just plain disgusting and such a turn-off.


I think mirrors in the gym are the ones that never make you look thin(ner). :|


But it's a known case that women generally have quite a warped sense of body-image. This is especially true when some girls who've become a bag of skin and bones with ugly protruding cheekbones, also having lost their boobs and ass along the way, think they're still fat. While we have that lot, we have another group of skin&bone bags who think they look hot. Thin = SAD. The extent of body-image issues astounds me. It's something I've always been fascinated with, enough to research.


Working out is painful, especially when you've to push yourself and raise the bar pretty often. But the treacherous path leads to such an unbelievable high -the endorphin high- which nothing else, at that moment, can beat.


It's super super awesome to watch old people, especially the couples, to work out. Their drive, stamina and willpower makes me feel ashamed of myself almost always. 


The pounding hunger one feels immediately after a workout pretty much explains why I don't look like someone who's ever set foot in a gym! It's true. It's a ravenous sort of hunger.


So yes, these observations are some I've noticed on a regular basis; enough to write a blog post about them, of all things!

No comments:

Post a Comment