Saturday, November 5, 2011

Productive

It's been raining alllllllll day long since the past week. It's not that refreshing rain. It's that l-a-z-y, lethargic rain that refuses to even stop. It rains when it's cloudy and it rains when it's bright and sunshiney outside as well. It's that dirty rain which brings everything outside and inside to some weird sort of a standstill with absolutely no sign of any breeze either. It just makes everything humid, wet, sticky and stinky. And if it's raining while I'm inside the spaceship, I'm either at my seat cuddled in my sweater sipping on something hot or literally jogging along the corridors trying to keep warm. We won't even talk about meetings in the conference rooms and how they make me feel.


It's depressing, to say the least. Couple that with a fast approaching winter and things just don't look/feel pretty. I haven't even had the chance to find and float around in my November Blue Sky!! Not happening. And why I chose to actually write about this depressing weather is because of its effect on me. 


I think the most productive thing I've done today is get back into bed (after my morning dose of the web and giving the pigs their breakfast), turn a few pages of Amitav Ghosh's 'River of Smoke' before turning my lethargic self over and hitting the snooze button. Yes, so while these kinda Saturdays come once in a while and demand such sloth, it's not something that makes me feel so nice! 


Go away you stupid cyclone, wherever you are. Give the rain to those who need it!

No comments:

Post a Comment