Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Quicksand

My state of mind, philosophy and everything else in between, surmises why I'm feeling the way I am. I'm caught in this state of limbo or inertia, if I may. I feel like I'm going nowhere. I feel like I've lost my otherwise awesome sense of direction. I feel like I'm stuck in this weird pit of quicksand. Perhaps that's why I'm so inert. I feel tired just thinking about sinking deeper whenever I fight to emerge from that pit. 


It's not like things are spiraling out of control or getting worse. I'm in a sort of comfortable zone. The challenge is to remain exuberant and active through it all, because that is who I am. I'm not someone who can be caught in a rut or take things lying down. I cannot squat my energy away doing absolutely nothing. It was just today that I was feeling so inspired; overflowing with energy and the immense need to channelize my creativity somewhere. I still am feeling all of that. But I'm that pressure cooker who's sealed so tight that I'm waiting to burst, in a good way of course.


I've always been someone who's tried to do things differently. I love innovation. I love thinking beyond what I've been given. I love taking chances when I know I can. I did that with the way I learnt, worked, taught and with pretty much everything else I was a part of. I've always had an outlet to channelize my need to do something good - I've thrived on writing, cooking, photography, art, craft, acting, traveling, exploring, learning, singing, dancing - and continue to do so. 


I realize the quicksand pit I was referring to earlier on is none other than me. And I say so because I think I've stopped trying. I've become so caught up with worldly things that I've just stopped responding to that steam which is rapidly building up inside me. I've to create that opportunity and moment of release. It's only me who has the key I'm looking for. And that key is absconding thanks to the absence of a map/plan and direction. I look all around me and I feel happy looking at people's efforts from scratch, their struggles, their triumphs and their stories of pulling it through. It isn't an easy world, yes. But I'm grateful that my worldview and outlook to life doesn't allow me to stop at that. 


I love living for the moment.
I thrive on learning and making use of my learnings.
I live to live, not live to survive.
I live to love and absolutely love living.
I feel gifted in abundance.
I feel inspired, and all this would be my inspiration talking.
I love loving.
I love giving.
I love having a good time and ensure it whenever and wherever I go, with whatever I have.


I believe we live for a lifetime's worth and leave this world in an instant, never to get back whatever we've left behind. Therefore, I take my chances. I take the plunge where I know I can swim through. I stay put when I know I can't surpass the deep-end just yet. I tell people who matter, how I feel. I slam the door on people who don't. I make no bones about my boundaries with people. I eventually learn how to swim through the deep-end. I tell people I love them for whatever it's worth (or not). I don't tread on people's toes unless they push me to. Through it all, in Lee Ann Womack's wordings of one of my favourite songs, I get up and dance. 


I've picked my inspiration from this piece I came across as a kid. And I've been holding on to it ever since. Have yourselves a read. It's my sunshine. 




All I need to do is to stop the lethargy and get moving. Because there's only one book I've got to write and I can't afford to leave pages blank as they turn by.

No comments:

Post a Comment