Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Wyanad

It's been a while because I've been away; away to a place I frequent as much as possible. A place where I'm certain bits of my soul reside. A place where I'm sure these bits of my soul are profoundly happy and well-kept.

Wyanad. This is my place. My place of being, living, seeing, experiencing. My place of hiding, my place of ecstasy, my place of joy, my place of memories and my place of me.

So, to get myself a bounty of all of the above, I made my way to Wyanad this past weekend. 3 girls and all that 3 mad happy random girls can bring along with themselves.

I love that I can have random plans, especially those which work out in the end. So V, S and I decided to hit the road. Equipped with 3 rucksacks, 2 super awesome cameras, 3 thirsty minds craving for a getaway, we set out. Home --> Majestic --> aboard a superfast red KSRTC bus --> 100 bucks --> Mysore --> aboard an even more superfast shutter-windowed Kerala bus --> 100 bucks --> Wyanad --> Home.

Wind, rain, National Highways, fields of gold, serpentine roads, bamboo thickets, forests, herds of deer, dawdling trucks, district borders, state check-posts, clouds, mist, green green green, swishing tyres, hurrying rivulets of rain, shivers, warm huddles, photographs and highway meals later, we reached. To be mesmerized. Me again. V & S for the 1st time.

Clean white crispy linen-d beds, hot home-cooked food, the Western Ghats surrounding us, waterfalls, treks, tea estates, coffee plantations, garam chai in the rain, highness, rums and cokes, badminton on mountains, bonfires and beautiful people around me. That was one helluva weekend!

I know that even though I'm back to Bangalore and back to the routine, parts of me live there. And that's some pretty awesome consolation till next time! :)






















9 comments:

  1. Great!!!!!! u guys had a awesome time i can so see it...:):):)

    miss u guys!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. u dunno how much we missed u guys too! i had my goa book with me and we read everything we all had written. missed u guys like u know no how!

    sometime soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey awesome stuff babs......next time take me along...... :) lou'ly' pics i say...the soul must be mighty thrilled and satisfied! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. really u guys read out da Goa stuff!!!!!!! so cool just awesome !!! really miss those times so much ... i keep going through our snaps of and on!!! :):):)

    ReplyDelete
  5. awwww. don't.

    just take a bus back here.

    ReplyDelete