Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Life. And none of it.

There's nothing more heart-wrenching, soul-shattering and painful than losing someone. Someone's son. Someone's father. Someone's brother. Someone's boyfriend.
Losing someone.

And no matter how much we run away from the pain, that gut-splitting hurt and loss, it doesn't in any way compensate or discount for someone's passing.

And there's only so much we can pray for. There's only so much we can deal with. There's only so much we can emote, only so much we can cry.

And there's only so much we can beg for. Begging for a bargain, for hope, for a rewind in time, begging for having known. Begging for just having known so we could've done something; done something to ease the pain, done everything to keep that someone from going.

But there's only so much we can beg for.

And I beg for them to rest in peace.
I beg for peace.
I beg for time.
And I beg for solace.

But there's only so much we can beg for.

R.I.P.

3 comments: