Sunday, July 25, 2010

Sighness and Loops

The weather outside is absolutely gorgeous. Superbly windy, cool, pleasant and all that a sunday evening should be. Something that goes beautifully well with this weather apart from hot pakodas is music. And so music it is. And awesome wedding songs at that.

Songs from Monsoon Wedding, my favorite and most looped song of the lot being Kawa Kawa. For those who haven't heard it, the video is right here for you to give it a dekho and a feel. And don't forget to turn the volume as loud as you can.




This song makes me want to get dressed (in maroon), to wear pretty pretty heels and attend a wedding. This song makes me want to dance. And dance in the rain. With the baraatis. With the warmth of alcohol in rain. With relatives going crazy. With the bride watching and waiting. With the groom watching and waiting. With the groom dancing. With the bride and groom waiting to get married and dance dance dance...did I mention dance in the rain? :)


Another song I cannot have enough of is Mangalyam Te from the movie Saathiya. This song makes me want to get married. This song makes me believe in the wildness of getting married, the magic of being with someone, the pleasure of living together. This song makes me want to shut my eyes and feel and when I did that, it gave me goosebumps. This song makes me dream (more than the others). This song reminds me of youth, wildness, impulsiveness, magic, love and energy. This song is something that I will call mine. This is the song I will dance to at my sangeet, if not wedding (if and when I do decide to take the plunge)...and I can only sigh. Let's have that feeling on loop as well since that's the action in demand. Here it is! Relive it!






*sigh*

Do share your favourites as well! :)

3 comments:

  1. Awww! Do listen to Paul Brandt's 'I Do'. That was Sam's wedding song. It's sooo beautiful! =)

    I'll make sure my wedding, whenever it is, has al these songs are more! Before my wedding dress/saree, I'm gonna finalise on the moosik! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. me toooooo!! And I shall listen to that song asap! :)

    thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete