Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Desi girl

I'm not ashamed to admit that the most cheesiest of songs can make me happy. While I do certainly enjoy my share of meaningful music that makes me feel inspired and connected, there's also a side of me that thrives on silly, nonsensical music. I'm not embarrassed to say that I'm someone who'll pore over a teary drama - read: DDLJ, KKHH, K3G, etc - while the disgusted and exasperated looks of my mother, brother and friends are often given the cold shoulder. I care two hoots. I like my moments of absolute no-sense and that makes absolute sense to me.


So while I'm at it, I might as well confess that I spend many a walk through the corridors at work dancing as discreetly as possible to songs like Chammak Challo, Criminal, Bodyguard, Ready, Dabangg, and so on. Sometimes, if the 90s bug kicks in, I become inseparable from the likes of Tu Cheez Badi Hai Mast Mast, Ye Kaali Kaali Aankhen and the quintessential Tip Tip Barsa Pani. I fear having a cctv snap shot of those "discreet" moments being pasted on my desk very soon but I'll make the most of my opportunities while I can. In the meanwhile, I'd suggest chammak challo-ing it up to drive the mundanity out of the week for the time being or shaking your booty to the massively booty-laden track called Criminal and kicking the best of your desi bit right in! 


No comments:

Post a Comment