Saturday, December 4, 2010

Trippin'

I've been tripping on John Mayer's songs... especially the ones from his new album titled "Battle Studies" released in November 2009. I cannot get over the songs of this album.
I liked a few of his from his earlier album and wasn't a fan of his as such. But when this album came out, I just couldn't (and still can't) have enough of it.






There's something very soothing, very calm and very pacifying about the songs in this album even though the titles are far from any of these adjectives. The ones that take my heart away are "Assassin", "Half Of My Heart" and "All We Ever Do Is Say Goodbye".




I highly recommend a download if you haven't already. It's a good feeling to sink into his voice and float along, with or without him :)


Here's leaving you with the songs he's captured my heart with.











Check out the hotness and... float, swim, dive, glide... enjoy!

7 comments:

  1. I love him, his voice, his words...everything. Well, almost.

    His voice is perfect for an afternoon. i always think he's got an "afternoony voice".

    Listen to 'Heart of Life'. One of my favourites form him. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. One thing I did NOT love about him was him tweeting away nineteen (or maybe 140) to the dozen on Twitter so much so that I stopped following him.

    Glad he realized he was wasting too much of his (and others') time and deleted his account altogether :D

    (okay that was a lot of useless info. i can imagine Chai nodding in agreement) :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that's interesting...the trivia and the afternoon voice thing.

    I was just listening to Assassin and thinking it's such a night song... :)

    I shall try him out (teehee) in the afternoon as well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yeah, 'your body is a wonderland' sounds best to me in the afternoon/early evening for some reason! :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. yeah, that is a noon-ish song... the video also contributes to that feeling. a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just luv dis man since da day he sang " your body is a wonderland" listen to "why georgia" da bass guitar is awesome and "say" by him da words are damn nice...

    ReplyDelete