Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Crashing Waves

It's no hidden fact that I think. I think a lot. I think beyond what is required, most often. You can be sure beyond surety. I don't just think, I think in all dimensions, speeds, circumstances and environments. This isn't me waxing eloquent about how much I think or how well. It's just telling you that my first, middle and last name have the word 'think' in it. 

So yes, now that we've got that sorted out and imprinted in everyone's memory, a few of these thoughts crashed into me the other day, as I was ummmm...thinking. And I thought I'd share them with you because, well... there is no because. 

The world will listen when it is ready to listen. It will carry on doing what it has to or wants to, till then. You can either stand by and watch or you can carry on doing whatever it is that you have to or want to do. Till the world decides to listen to you that is. Maybe it's something larger out there giving you a chance to really think about what you want to tell the world, in the interim. Or maybe it's the world giving you a chance to articulate what you want to express, and how. It's not always that we end up communicating the way we intended to. Sometimes time dilutes things. Or intensifies them. You figure you have a lot to say at times and nothing to say, the next. You're almost always caught stunned by how, just how you don't have anything to say when you're bursting within. Thoughts, feelings, words, silences - you name it - all seem to pour out from every pore and all you're left with is a gaping silence. And sometimes you're taken aback by how you say so much you never even knew existed in your brain, forget your heart. The world gives us time. Weirdly enough. 

So yeah, as this thought (and the consequent ones) crashed into me like the waves of a monsoon sea, I figured that maybe this has some weight to it. I mean it's not like this is THE Gospel Truth. It's just another way of perhaps dealing with things that come your way - a form of introspection, awareness and acceptance. We don't always get to speak up. And we don't always say what we really want to say. This could have a million reasons behind it. Call me strange if you like, but I'm someone who really believes in the larger existence of I don't know what (yet). I believe there's a larger picture. I believe that there's a reason why things happen. Maybe it's something that helps me believe in the silver lining post all the trash the world throws your way. It's something that helps me believe -in what is something I haven't figured out; or rather, I don't have a concrete something yet. It changes with each passing circumstance. 

So yeah. You talk when you are listened to. You've just got to shut up and sit tight at other times. Sometimes that's the best thing you could ever, ever give yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment