Sunday, April 3, 2011

I hope the thirst for traveling is far from quenched. I cannot imagine my life without its share of travel no matter how few and far in between those trips might be. 


I've had a fantastic month of March. Bangalore, Kolkata, Patna, Nalanda, Goa... and more in store which I hope materialize soon. It's been superbly overwhelming to see seas, mountains, rivers, clouds, ancient sites steeped in history and stories being told for centuries, excavations, traditions, festivals and family, over and above everything else. It has been a blessed month. Travelogues are what are missing and shall follow suite soon, with photographs :)


I realize that traveling goes beyond just hitting the internet to figure map plans and one's trip out. It also goes beyond who can and who cannot come with you, irrespective of who you'd like for company. I realize it's got to surpass the fear of traveling alone, which I had and still do to a large extent. I cannot imagine traveling alone - it's like asking me to go out to a restaurant and eat by my self - both of which are so so depressing. And unnecessary, in my opinion. 


I realize that it's got quite a bit to do with money, but not how much we think or estimate it to be. 


I believe it's got EVERY thing to do with how much you want it. The want, the drive, the thirst, the motivation - that's what decides whether we travel or not. Where, is secondary.


Like they say, where there's a will, there's a way. I believe that in this respect at least.


I hope this thirst is far from quenched!

3 comments:

  1. 1. I like the background muchly
    2. I had tried it for my blog some weeks back but i think it suits your blog better :)
    3. Now i'll go and read the post :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. It makes me feel nice... Like I can finally write on fancy handmade paper without my pen running into trouble with it! :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hehe, I totally get what you mean... :D

    ReplyDelete