Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Rollercoaster...

...that's how I'd define today.


From starting off as a mid-week holiday day to a day which turned out to be such a wild ride, it's left me feeling nothing but exhausted!


When happy afternoon lunch plans figure somewhere on a holiday, it spells happiness. 
When an evening features a drive, it spells elation! 
But then, how can Murphy not have the last laugh?


Happy Babska set off to the airport and even updated her facebook status en-route to say that there never really is a concept of 'enough drives' for her. Drives and music go hand in hand and deserve to be paired thus! I also realized that I have a need for speed; that speed gives me a high like nothing else does. Throw in some Armin van Buuren music and I'm set. The combination of a smooth drive with beats to go with the speed is so damn addictive and is something that I cannot CANNOT have enough of it! The traffic however, I can do without.


So contrary to popular belief, the drive took place on my red bubbles (as I call them) - the BIA buses. A quick drive to and from the airport took me 1.5 hours which was not bad at all! Happy at the time we'd clocked, a smiling Babska broke out of her red bubble.


And that's when the rollercoaster decided to take its plunge! And how! The plunge would go by the name of Bangalore's traffic and auto drivers!!! What was the cream on top of this joyous moment was the fact that it took me close to 40 minutes to get back home from the bus stop which would otherwise take me 10 minutes. Why? Because auto drivers exist.


I really speculate the world's curses on them to be inadequate and insipid because they still are who they are and show absolutely no hint of changing! I hope everyone in the city becomes so self-sufficient (without costing the environment) that these jackasses would have to resort to begging people to avail of their services! I really hope! 


That's when Bangalore will have its moment and shine. And that's when it'll spell joyride, in every sense of the word!

No comments:

Post a Comment