Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Whose story is it anyway?

I can't help but wonder about people's stories.

The epileptic drunkard, the rotten-teethed woman, the leper beggars on wheelbarrows, the shabbily dressed kid, the wide-eyed lady, the lecherous co-passenger, the silent nun, the man weeping in the temple...

I can't help but wonder about their stories.

The boy who lost his mother last week, the girl who loved and lost, the boy who is bringing up his cousins by himself, the man who beats his wife, the wife who cheats on her husband, the kid who hates his parents...

stories stories stories... where do they stay, what do they do, what do they feel, why do they feel the way they feel...

I just can't help but wonder about people's stories with every passing face.

5 comments:

  1. I wonder too.

    Our lives make for much better reading than any fiction there has ever been and ever will be! On that note, I'm sure writers write from others' stories and their own and infuse them into 'fictitious' characters, or maybe not.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe they do! I believe each character has autobiographical leanings!

    ReplyDelete