Wednesday, December 14, 2011

14/12/2011

I'm simply waiting.
I'm simply waiting just for you
with my fingers entwined into each other.
If you were around, 
you'd have smoothened their firmness
and set them free
from their anxiety
and apprehension.
Just waiting, 
fingers still knit.

The sky lingers,
but only for so long.
Night takes over
and the blue leaves;
making way for a confusion of stars - 
which one are you?
Are you talking to me
while I sit here
simply waiting for you?

Are you the breeze that rustled
past my lips
before I could kiss you?
Or the footprints that lie here
telling me a story of your journey
two steps at a time?
Or the evolution of night and dawn
as days glide through
leaving me here?

I'm simply waiting.
I'm simply waiting just for you.

3 comments:

  1. I hope your wait ends...sooner than later, so that we have many more poems to read and you have many more stories to tell. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) that apart, would you believe me if i told you that this poem was written on the spot, minus reworking because prose failed me yesterday when what i wanted was to just update my blog? :D

    ReplyDelete